Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Trip

I always start out with good intentions to take lots of pictures and usually end up distracted so I don't take nearly as many as I want. We went to Mom-mom and Dad-dad's (Tom's parents) in KY last Wednesday for the Thanksgiving holiday and stayed until Saturday. I started out and ended up taking pictures, but in between I was busy talking, I guess. It was great to see the family that was able to make it and as always, we ate way too much food (which was good for Ian, but not Tom and I!) Ian got lots of hugs and entertainment and even got to ride in the Gator, which he loved!!! He did great on the trip going and coming because one of his favorite things to do is watch for big trucks and he saw plenty of those. He got to meet some new cousins, aunt, great aunts and uncles and charmed them all. We often wonder what is going on in his mind and how different this all must be for him. We have to remind ourselves to try to explain things to him since it's all so foreign to what he's known all his life. He's so flexible and adaptable and happy most all the time and, for that, we are most thankful!


Driving the Gator with Dad-dad.

Getting ready for a Gator ride.

Hugs from Mom-mom.



Drinking with Dad-dad.



Hangin' out with Elizabeth.


Ian loves babies and Amelia (his 2nd cousin) was content to sit on his lap for a picture. I think he will be most excited to become an uncle in April!!!!





1 comment:

  1. What great pictures and I am sure Ian was well entertained and loved every minute of it.
    Mother

    ReplyDelete