Friday, January 10, 2014

Meet our newest love!

At 9:30 pm on Tuesday, Jan. 7, I texted Elizabeth to see if she was having contractions.  Her reply was "nothing serious, but more pressure."  At 1:45 am, my phone rang and as soon as I saw it was Drew, I knew!  I threw some clothes on while Tom started the van and I drove as fast as possible on the icy roads to stay with the girls.  Drew and Elizabeth headed to the hospital and at 10:15 on Wednesday, Jan. 8, Langston Thomas Humphrey entered the world. He weighs 6 lb 9 oz and is 19" and is adorable!!   He had to go to NICU pretty soon after birth due to some breathing problems, so we haven't been able to see him much.  However, we are already smitten with this sweet boy and can't wait for him to get home so we can love on him even more!

 Langston Thomas Humphrey
 with his beautiful momma
 Pops and the girls being silly while we waited on Langston
Showing Pops their new tablet

We are so thankful for this precious new life that God has given to Drew, Elizabeth, Brenna and Felicia and continue to pray for the pressure in his lungs to equalize so he can be home with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment