Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ian!

Ten years ago today, Ian Kini Lindo was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We don't know much about his birth or his first 18 months, but we do know that God created him just the way he is for His perfect purpose and for His Glory! And, we also know that for the last 8 1/2 years, he has been in a wonderful children's home, called Robin's Nest, where he has been loved and cared for and quite possibly, doted over. :-) We are most thankful that the same God that created Ian and watches over him, laid it on our hearts to bring him home and make him part of our family. So, even though we aren't actually celebrating his birthday for 2 more weeks (we wanted everyone to be able to be here!), we are thanking God for him today and for the joy he is! Happy Birthday, Ian! We love you and are so glad you are here!!!
I think he was around 4 years old in the above and below pictures.


Always has that famous smile!

I snapped this picture of the birthday boy this morning! Ian Lindo Humphrey

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a treasure to have those pictures. Happy birthday Ian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Think God gave him quite possibly the BEST smile ever!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace's sister-in-law checking in...

    I know we've never met, but since Zach and I plan to one day extend our family via adoption, I get great joy in checking in on you all on occasion. And, each and every time, I could quite possibly cry my eyes out in pure happiness for the love and care you have volunteered for Ian. All of my insides scream in joy for the new blessings that have been provided; for Ian and the rest of the Humphrey family.

    He is beautiful.... and I couldn't agree more with Grace, he has an amazing smile! :o)

    Congrats to all of you, and happy birthday Ian!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 10 years old! Happy birthday, Ian!!! I'm so happy he's here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete