Saturday, June 20, 2015

Thankful for our Fathers

Today, and every day, Tom and I are grateful for the awesome dads that God blessed us with! They were, and are, examples of selflessness, patience, kindness, and love. Somehow, they survived us - both firstborn, type-A, know-it-all brats - and taught us so much! Since it's my blog, I get to write from my perspective and I see Tom's dad in him every day (and more than just looks!) He is truly a partner in raising our youngest 3 boys. He folds laundry, washes dishes, makes my coffee every morning, tends to Ian's needs, acts crazy with all the boys and grandchildren, to name a few. He learned how to be such a good husband, father and grandfather from his dad. 
And my daddy.....well, he's pretty much perfect. ;-) If I had to describe him in one word, it would be "patient." He patiently listened to my yammering about so many things, he patiently rubbed my legs when they hurt so bad, he patiently taught me to drive, to mow, to ride a bike, to solve math problems, to take photos, and so much more. 
More than all the above, we are humbled and thankful for godly fathers who instilled in us a love for God and people. 
Happy Father's Day, Dad and Daddy!
We love you!
Tom and Angela

Little Tommy with his Dad

My Daddy and me

No comments:

Post a Comment