Monday, October 17, 2011

Thirty One! (Years, that is.)

Thirty one years ago on a beautiful (very warm) fall evening, Tom and I stood in front of Pastor Ron McDugle and many friends and family and committed ourselves to God and each other.  After dating for almost 4 years, we thought we had it all figured out. Ha! God uses marriage to humble us, to grow us, to complete us and mostly, to reflect Christ and His Bride, the Church.  That's a scary responsibility and one that we have messed up time and again.  However, we serve a merciful, long-suffering, patient God who has used His Word, people, circumstances and experiences to continue molding us into the union He desires.  We realize daily that we have a long way to go, but know that He who started a good work in us will be faithful to complete it.  I am thankful beyond words for the husband and marriage that God has blessed this underserving wife with.  He is the most important person on this earth to me (yes honey, even more than the grandaughters) and the one who puts up with me, encourages me, challenges me, listens to me, protects me, loves me (even when I'm not lovable) and knows me better than anyone.  
Happy Anniversary to my Handsome Hunk!
I love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a GREAT couple! You are a shining example of the kind of marriage we should all strive for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom and Angela----you two aren't old enough to have been married 31 years!!!!! Happy Anniversary----we love you all so much and we hope you all have a wonderful day! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your testimony all these years!! Great pic!!

    ReplyDelete