Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Encouragement

I just had to write a quick post about the encouragement that our family has received over the last 2-3 months.  I'm really not sure we would have survived thus far without it.
 Some of the many ways that we have been encouraged:
  • My mom calling to say she is coming to do whatever she can for the day (she ended up doing all my ironing and staying with the boys so I could have lunch with a friend)
  • Both of our parents loving on the boys and taking them for boat/tractor/gator rides
  • Our older kids listening patiently and offering encouragement, support and prayer
  • Drew and Elizabeth coming on short notice more than once so we can get away when we thought we would pull our hair out
  • Lindsay and Troy allowing us to invade their home and their dear neighbors allowing us to invade their backyard and pool
  • Extended family who love on the boys, play games with them and send them hurling through the air into the water
  • A dear friend who texts me scripture to encourage me - several times a day!
  • That same dear friend who brought meals on two different occasions
  • That same dear friend who came and stayed and even put the boys to bed so we could stay out extra late
  • Another dear friend who showed up with kids to play, clothes to share, and a meal, too!
  • Many wonderful friends and family who commit to pray for us daily.....and do it!
  • The person who cuts my hair praying in the middle of a haircut because he saw firsthand what the typical chaos is like
  • Our pastor and his wife bringing DQ blizzards after the kids are in bed, just to encourage us
  • Our good friend/therapist taking time to come for a home visit, not to mention numerous phone calls, e-mails, etc.
  • Young women volunteering their time to go with me to Ian's appointments for the purpose of watching J and L or playing with them for 3 hours while I attend a case conference
  • Friends who send encouraging notes/cards out of the blue
  • A pediatrician who let me call him at home to talk through medical issues
  • A church family who has embraced all of our boys and make a point to draw them out
  • Friends and family (some of whom the boys have never met) who remember their birthdays
  • One of Ian's paras from Cole who entertained them for 4 hours and then asked if we would let her do it again!
OK, so this didn't end up as quick as I thought.  I could continue, but you get the picture.  We are being ministered to in amazing ways and feel blessed, humbled, thankful, encouraged and loved.  You all know who you are and we love and appreciate each of you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Angela, you are one busy mama, and an inspiration to me! I'm sorry that I have not kept in touch over the spring and summer. My life has been a whirlwind of transition, and my kids aren't even here yet! Keep plugging away at getting your life in the groove, if that can ever be done! Thanking God for your passion to carry out His will in your life!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete