Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're home

Thank you all for your prayers! They were answered! Ian came through all the procedures just fine and was charming all the nurses this morning (while the pain meds were still in effect.) He's not quite so chipper now but is feeling well enough to watch one of his favorite videos about trucks, if you can imagine that! Now, the challenge for mom and dad arrives and we have to give him his next "meal" through the feeding tube, which is a bit intimidating because the opening is still so sore and sensitive. However, he's a trooper so I'm sure we'll all get through it and it will be "old hat" in no time at all. We praise God for protecting him and guiding the surgeon's hands and so appreciate all the prayers!!! Please don't stop now, as I'm sure the next few days will be a little rough for him.

This was before the pain meds wore off. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I was literally just thinking about you guys! Glad everything went well, and we'll be praying for the next few days of healing and learning. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise! We are so glad everything went well. From my experience, working with one of Tom's former co-worker's child**, feeding tubes can make life so much simpler and less stressful when the fear of aspiration is there. I'm sure that family would be more than happy to talk with you guys if you have any questions, etc. We truly enjoy your blog and wish you guys the best! Ian seems like a very neat boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Trey:
    "I hope you feel better Ian. A lot. I hope I will see you tomorrow at church! Maybe I can sit by you! I've been praying for you alot. I hope you have a good time at your house. I hope you feel comfortable in your wheelchair. I love you Ian. Goodbye!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! Ian and your family have been in our prayers. I really enjoy ready your blog. It is amazing to see him at home, and cleary LOVING being there! Ian has such a beautiful spirit. Know that your family continues to be in our prayers!

    Andy and Laura Chapeau

    ReplyDelete